Cleaning/Soft Services Supervisor Job Description
- To be one of the main points of contact for Centre Management.
- To liaise daily with your Red Support Services line manager and the Cleaning team when on duty.
- To complete and distribute Rotas and ensure full hours are utilised. Ensure adequate cover is in place.
- To supervise the Cleaning contract, and ensure staff are completing duties to the required specifications. To report on all cleaning issues to the Site Manager.
- To assist in the recruitment of new staff assisted by Red Management and Line Manager
- To complete wage submissions for all security staff when Line Manager is on leave and to submit these to Head Office as per the issued schedule with the assistance of Operations Lead. (Training to be provided)
- To have controlling responsibility for ensuring adequate levels of site paperwork, Signing in sheets etc are on site.
- To ensure that all keys and equipment is kept in full working order and defaults recorded and reported to your line manager.
- To carry out daily checks on all client remit areas and to ensure staff continue doing this on your days off.
- To carry out monthly welfare checks / Bi-annual Refresher Training and annual competency with all cleaning members of staff quarterly. (Training to be provided)
- To ensure that all site procedures are followed at all times.
- To ensure that all site logs and checks have been completed correctly and to the required standard.
- To assist in all site Health and Safety requirements and keep up to date with all relevant H&S legislation and monitor such issues throughout the Centre. (Training to be provided.)
- To ensure that all site paperwork and certification is up to date at all times.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all training has been completed and training records are maintained and up to date.
- To have the ability to be totally flexible and be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment in a very busy shopping Centre.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- To ensure all Assignment Instructions are followed at all times.
- Liaising with external contractors on behalf of Centre Management and Red
NB Please note that these duties are provided as a guide and are subject to change and to be discussed.
- Applicant should demonstrate the ability to lead and successfully supervise the cleaning team.
- Applicant should demonstrate the ability to successfully interact and deal with members of the public and staff in a professional but friendly and supportive manner.
- Applicant should be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of staff, senior management and tenants.
- Applicant should demonstrate the ability to ensure procedures and policies are followed by team members.
- Applicant should demonstrate a good command of spoken and written English for effective communication and instruction.
- Applicant to demonstrate the ability to be capable of making decisions on your own, lead from the front and be a team player.
- Applicant should be physically fit in order to undertake cleaning and safety check duties when required and swiftly respond to incidents as required.
- Applicant should demonstrate the ability to write clear and concise incident reports, and ensure others on the team do the same.
- Applicant should have adequate computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel and emails. (Training and guidance to be provided)
- Applicant should possess relevant Cleaning Industry knowledge and should take steps to ensure their knowledge is kept current.
- Applicant should possess the ability to recruit and train new team members.
- Applicant should be confident in dealing with HR matters with the support of Head Office.
- Applicant should possess strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and supervise the team.
- Applicant should strive be innovative and continually seek to make improvements in processes and communicate these to the line manager.
- Applicants should also be able to demonstrate:
- Commitment to equal opportunities (or indeed any mention of the principles of equality & diversity)
- Commitment to work with the Companies policies and objectives.
- To be committed to delivering excellent service at all times.
- A positive and helpful demeanour at all times
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.00 to £10.10 /hour
- cleaning: 3 years (Required)
- driving license (Preferred)
Apply with Indeed by clicking here.